TJMW2016 Student Design Competition
The deadline for SDC registration is May 30th, 2016 (Extended!)
TJMW will be hosting, for the first time, a Student Design Competition (SDC).
The main objective of this event is to encourage students to have interests
in the microwave engineering and to experience challenges in practical
hardware designs and measurements. Competitors are required to design,
construct, and measure prototype passive circuits for predetermined design
Competitors are students only, and can participate in individual or team (up to 3 students).
- Important notes
Upon participation in the competition, each competitor take necessary actions for intellectual property rights such as patents and the export controls.
- Details for the submission
To register, please send an e-mail with necessary information to Tuptim Angkaew (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ken Tajima (Tajima.Kenichi@bp.mitsubishielectric.co.jp), and attach a copy of your student identity card or a confirmation, signed by your responsible professor. The deadline for SDC registration is May 30th, 2016 (Extended!)
The deadline for registration is May 16th, 2016..
Subject：[TJMW2016] Entry for Student Design Competition
Name of corresponding:
Affiliation of corresponding:
E-mail address of corresponding:
Team name (only for team entry):
- Details of the competition
- Competitors are required to design and construct prototype passive circuits for predetermined design requirements before the competition held (June 11th, 2016).
- During the competition, competitors will measure circuit performances by themselves. Required test equipment for the measurement will be prepared by Keysight Technologies.
For the competition, the winner, as judged by the technical committee (based on the criteria published on the website of the conference), will be recognized at the award ceremony, and will receive the TJMW2016 Student Design Prize.
- Program at a glance
- June 11th, 2016 10:30 - 14:00 (TBD) Student Design Competition.
- June 11th, 2016 15:00 - 15:30 (TBD) Award ceremony.
- Circuit type
Microwave Band-Pass Filter
- Design requirements
- Maximum insertion loss ILmax at 2900 - 3100MHz: Less than 5dB
- Minimum return loss RLmin at 2900 - 3100MHz: More than 10dB
- Minimum rejection level RJmin at 2200 - 2600MHz, 3400 - 3800MHz: More than 30dB
- Manufacturing conditions
- One-sided or double-sided printed circuit board (PCB) is used. There is no restriction on the materials for PCB. For information, FR4, FR1, CEM1 are available in market and easy to purchase. http://www.warapcb.com/support_material.php.
- Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors can be used for passive components. All active components cannot be used.
- External case cannot be used.
- SMA mm-unit Female connectors are used.
- Design requirementEvaluation criteria (TBD)
The top 3 minimum ILmax (with 2 decimals) will win the prize. If there are same ILmax, the best RJmax (with 2 decimals) among the minimum ILmax will win the prize.
If you have any questions, please contact Tuptim Angkaew (email@example.com) and
Ken Tajima (Tajima.Kenichi@bp.mitsubishielectric.co.jp).