The IEICE consists of 5 societies and 1 group. Areas for researches and activities in each societies/group are as follows.
Engineering Sciences Society
Basics and boundary areas of electronic information and communication
Communication systems, technology from basics to applications related to communication networks, and their related areas
Electronic materials, components, and devices which constitutes electronic information-communication systems, and fields from basics to applications, which are related to sub systems
Information and Systems Society
Computer and information processing areas, and their related areas
Research activities on nonlinear theory and its applications
Human Communication Group
Interdisciplinary research on new human-centered communication engineering in telecommunications
International Sections is as follows.
The Journal of IEICE／IEICE-CS GLOBAL NEWSLETTER
The Journal of IEICE
There are 23,000 copies issued every month. A special issue in the various field of electronic information communications is issued every month.
IEICE-CS GLOBAL NEWSLETTER
IEICE-CS GLOBAL NEWSLETTER（GNL）is aiming to share information between overseas / foreign members and other members of the IEICE Communication Society as a global activity.
The IEICE Transactions
- Influence of cable length between TLP test system and DUT and its correction for CMCESD saturation measurement
- Yusuke Yano, Kazuha Ishida, Jianqing Wang, Takeshi Ishida
This paper points out a problem with the TLP method used for ESD saturation measurement described in IEC 62228-5 Annex E and proposes a solution for proper measurements.
- Smart Radio Environments with Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces for 6G Sub-Terahertz-Band Communications
- Yasutaka OGAWA, Shuto TADOKORO, Satoshi SUYAMA, Masashi IWABUCHI, Toshihiko NISHIMURA, Takanori SATO, Junichiro HAGIWARA, Takeo OHGANE
Toward reliable radio communications in the unexplored sub-terahertz band, beamforming-based intelligent reflecting surface control is presented
- Symmetrization effects of k-nearest neighbor recurrence plots on network motif organizations in time series of nonlinear dynamical systems
- Masato Kawaguchi,Hideyuki Kato
A new type of reccurence plot visualizing the superfamily phenomena among nonlinear time series.
- High-definition object detection technology based on AI inference scheme and its implementation
- Hiroyuki Uzawa, Shuhei Yoshida, Yuukou Iinuma, Saki Hatta, Daisuke Kobayashi, Yuya Omori, Ken Nakamura, Shuichi Takada, Hassan Toorabally, Kimikazu Sano
AI inference technology that enables detecting a wide range of objects with one camera at once.
＜2021 ELEX Best Paper Award Winner＞