Membership Services FAQ
- 【Admission】 What should I do if I cannot find any endorsers?
- Please fill in the online application form.
To join IEICE, endorsement by one honorary member or regular member is required.
As a regular member, if you cannot find any endorsers, the director in charge will review the admission propriety based on the information such as the reason for applying for admission, the research field and the brief history.
As a student member, if you cannot find any honorary members nor regular members to endorse you, you will need an endorsement from one instructor in your school.
- 【Admission】 Endorsement was declined by my endorser. How can I request
for an endorsement to another person?
- Please access to your Temporary Members' Member Page and redo the procedure.
- 【Admission】 Even if I enroll in the middle of the fiscal year, will the first year's annual membership dues be paid for one year?
- Even if you join in the middle of the fiscal year, annual dues will be uniform. In addition, we do not send any Journals (printed) dating back to April.
- 【Admission】 When is the annual membership dues effective?
- The term of the fiscal year is 'April 1 - March 31 of the following year'.
Therefore, if you join in September, the first year's annual membership
dues are valid until March 31 of the following year.
- 【Admission】 At the time of joining, I would like to pay my admission fee and annual membership dues for the first fiscal year from my belonging institution. Can you issue an invoice?
- Temporary Members' Member Page can be used after registering the application
page. For estimate, invoice, and statement of delivery, please obtain from
your Temporary Members' Member Page.
- 【Admission】 I have paid the admission fee and the first year's annual membership dues. Can you issue a receipt?
- After confirming payment at the Secretariat Office, we will send you a payment confirmation email, so please obtain a receipt from your Temporary Members' Member Page.
- 【Admission】 How long does it take until the enrollment process is completed?
- It takes 2 weeks in the shortest.
Those whose payment of admission fee and first year's annual membership dues are confirmed by the Secretariat Office on the 15th of every month and who were nominated by the endorser will join the next month after approval of membership at the executive board.
- 【Admission】 When will membership service be available after membership application?
- Even before the admission approval process at the Board of Directors, if Membership number is issued, you can receive a part of our membership services (submission of papers, review of online transactions etc).
Those who have paid for admission fee and first year's annual membership dues, and nominated an endorsement from the endorser will be issued their membership number. All membership services can be received from the first day of the enrollment month.
The Membership number will be issued for those who have paid for admission fee and first year's annual membership dues, and have been nominated by their endorser. All membership services can be received from the first day of the enrollment month.
- 【Admission】 Even I am a non-member, I would like to submit a paper. If I apply for admission from now, when will I be able to submit it?
- Even before the admission approval procedure at the Board of Directors, you can submit your paper after your Membership number has issued.
- 【Admission】I applied for admission from the admission application screen but I did not receive the application process acceptance email. What should I do now?
- There might be a mistake in entering your contact e-mail address.
If you have your Acceptance Number displayed on the admission application completion screen, please access the Temporary Members' Member Page, check the contact e-mail address and correct it.
If you do not know your Acceptance Number, please contact to our Membership Section.
IEICE Membership Section firstname.lastname@example.org TEL:+81 03-3433-6691（＃１）
- 【Admission】 Are there any discounts for the enrollment?
- Those who are present at the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, the Illumination Engineering Institute of Japan, the Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, the Information Processing Society of Japan, and the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers will be exempted from admission fee by uploading a Certificate of registration (PDF) .
In addition, OMDP discount will be automatically applied for non-Japanese citizens residing in OMDP target countries. However, other discounts will not be applied to OMDP Member applicants (Except Life Members).
- 【Admission】What kind of payment methods can be used for admission fee and first year's annual fee payment?
- In addition to bank transfer, you can choose credit card, online convenience store payment etc.
If you choose credit card payment, UC, Master Card, VISA, JCB, American Express, and UnionPay Card are available.
- 【Admission】 I want to register as a student member, but I registered by mistake as a regular member. How can I correct it?
- Please change the ｍember type from Temporary Members' Member Page. At that
time, you need to upload a copy of your student ID (PDF).In the case that
you have already paid the annual membership dues of a Regular Member, the
surplus will not be refunded and will be forwarded to the annual membership
dues of the next fiscal year.
- 【Application】 I would like to change the information registered in Member Page, what should I do?
- Registered information such as postal address, work place, e-mail address
etc can be changed by yourself from your Member Page (except a part). For
those who cannot update the registered information from your Member Page,
please contact our Membership Section by e-mail.
IEICE Membership Section email@example.com
- 【Application】Since my predecessor has retired, how can I change the registered name?
- In IEICE, name change of individual members is unacceptable.
Please take a withdrawal procedure of your predecessor's membership and
apply for a new membership of the sucessor.However, in the case of changing
your name by marriage etc, please contact our Membership Section.
- How can I request for stopping the newsletter shipment?
- Please apply for stopping the transmission of the Journal/Newsletter from
your Member Page. We will stop sending from the issue in time. Furthermore,
we cannot resend journals (printed) and newsletters that have been suspended
once. Also, there is no reduction of basic annual membership dues.
- 【Application】How can I change my society?
- You cannot change your society within the fiscal year. Please register
for additional society.
- 【Application】Does IEICE have a Life Member system?
- Yes, we have.
Members who are 70 years of age or older in the current fiscal year, continued sum of years of membership and age reaches 110 and who would like to apply for Life membership, must apply from their Member Page until the end of November. After approval of the Board of Directors, they will be able to have an exemption of annual membership dues from the following fiscal year.
However, you cannot apply if your basic annual membership dues have not been paid at the time of application.
In addition, Journals (printed) will be sent to Life Members, who desire to subscribe them (3,000 yen per annum (excluding tax).
- 【Application】How can I withdraw from IEICE?
- Please apply from your Member Page until March 31.
However, withdrawal application cannot be applied if annual membership dues for the current fiscal year have not been paid.
Please note that if you apply for withdrawal after April 1st, we will claim
your annual membership dues for the current year.。
- 【Application】 Why did I receive a claim payment for the next fiscal year
even though I did not pay my annual membership dues? I thought that my
membership would be withdrawn automatically.
- We do not have any automatic withdrawal system. An application for withdrawal by a member is necessary.
If annual membership dues payment is not confirmed by the end of June, your membership will be expected to be expelled.
If you do not pay your required dues even if you receive the dues payment reminder, your membership will be lost at the end of March the following year.
If you wish to join IEICE again after losing your membership qualification, we will claim the unpaid annual membership dues.
- 【Application】Since mid July, I can no longer browse Japanese / English
transactions. Could I ask for the reason?
- Delinquent annual membership dues: When membership delinquency etc. is over 3 months, various membership services (viewing, submission, use of mailing list @m.ieice.org, etc.) will be suspended from the middle of July. Therefore, browsing of Japanese-style journals may be suspended. Please promptly pay the annual membership dues for the current year.
- 【Application】In January, I received an invoice for the following years' annual membership dues with a Regular Member amount, but I am still a student next year.What should I do now?"
- Please apply for student membership from your Member Page by March 25. When applying, you will need a proof which shows that you are going to higher education.
Also, please note that those who belong to companies, organizations, schools, other organizations, institutions, etc. and who earn salaries etc. (working adult students) are unacceptable as Student Members.
After the student application is accepted, the amount of the following years' annual membership dues will be changed to Student Member. Please download a new invoice from your Member Page and complete the payment procedure.
However, because the Member type cannot be changed in the current fiscal year, even if you change your Member type to a Student Member after 1st April, your Member type will not be changed.
- 【Other】Does IEICE have an adjournment system?
- Unfortunately, we do not have any adjournment system.
- 【Other】About Re-enrollment
- Those who have withdrawn from IEICE and would like to join again, please complete the new enrollment procedure. A new Membership number will be issued.
However, those who have lost their membership due to not paying their annual membership dues, and who wish to join IEICE again, we will require them to pay the amount equivalent to the unpaid annual membership dues, and enroll in the new membership procedure. If you do not pay the annual membership dues equivalent amount for unpaid amount, we cannot accept application for admission, so please be forewarned.
Notice：IEICE would like those who have lost their membership due to their unpaid annual membership dues, and who would like to rejoin IEICE to apply for the membership. New Membership numbers will be issued. Please note that if they do not pay for the amount equivalent to their upaid annual membership dues, their application for the membership will not be accepted.
- 【Other】About Resuming Process of Membership
- In case of withdrawing and losing membership qualification, the method of resubmission will differ, but you can continue to use your membership number.
Those who withdrew from the membership under Article 9 of incorporation and paid full amount equivalent to the basic annual membership dues for the non member period, will be resumptioned and proceeded that their membership has been continuing since they have issued the applicable Membership number.
- 【Other】The Membership ｃard was not enclosed with the invoice.
- The system of sending the Member card has been changed. IEICE would like you to download your Membership card from your Member Page.
Downloading Membership card is possible only for members who have paid their annual membership dues of the current fiscal year.
- 【Other】 I cannot read any Transactions Online.
- In the case that the unpaid condition of the annual membership dues, etc. becomes more than 3 months, the IEICE services (browsing Transactions Online, submission of papers, the use of e-mail forwarding service(@m. ieice.org), etc.) will be stopped from the middle of July. Hence, Transactions Online service cannot be used.
Please pay the annual membership dues of the current fiscal year immediately. After the payment has been confirmed by the Secretariat Office, the Transactions Online service will be reopened.
- 【Other】Although I am using the e-mail forwarding serive （@m.ieice.org）, the e-mails have not been received.
- In the case that the unpaid condition of the annual membership dues, etc. becomes more than 3 months, the IEICE services will be stopped. Hence, the e-mail forwarding service (@m.ieice.org） will cannot be used.
Please pay the annual membership dues of the current fiscal year immediately. After the payment has been confirmed by the Secretariat Office, the e-mail forwarding service will be reopened.
Regardless of the reason, IEICE will not bear full responsibility for any disadvantages or damages which users or others have suffered during the maintenance period or interruption or stop of IEICE services due to unpaid annual membership dues.
2. Subscription Member
- Can an individual become a Subscription Member?
- Individuals cannot become Subscription Members. Subscription membership
is for institutes such as libraries.
- We subscribed as a subscription member in August. Can you send us Journals
from the April issue?
- We are sorry but we cannot send the previous issues of Journal.
- Is there an upper limit to the number of registered global IP addresses?
- There is no limit.
- Is it possible to browse by ID and PW instead of browsing with global IP
- You can browse your Member Page by ID and PW.
- Can you show me how much online contents are browsed?
- The number of browsing can be seen from Member Page for the Subscription
- Until when do we have to pay the annual membership dues?
- IEICE requires all members to pay their annual membership dues, etc. before the fiscal year starts. In the case that the unpaid condition of the annual membership dues, etc. becomes more than 3 months, the IEICE services (browsing the contents of the online version, etc.) will be stopped from the middle of July. Hence, the delivery of Journals will be stopped from the August issue. Please pay the annual membership dues of the current fiscal year immediately. The stopped Journals may not be delivered even after annual membership dues, etc. are completely paid.
- Is it possible to cancel the contents of the online version in the middle
of the fiscal year?
- Members cannot cancle the subscription of the online contents in the middle of the fiscal year. Please apply for the cancelation from the next fiscal year from your Member Page.
- Please show us the structure of annual membership dues.
(1) Member 13,000 JPY (Journal subscription)
(2) Student Member 4,500 JPY (Journal subscription)
(3) Overseas Member 7,000 JPY (No journal subscription)
(4) Overseas Student Member 2,000 JPY (No journal subscription)
(1) Member 2,600 JPY
（1）Online subscription proceedings 3,500 JPY
- How can I apply for the reduction system of annual membership dues?
- Members who are 65 years of age or older, being an IEICE member for 20
years or more, and who have no income other than pension and would like
to have reduction of their annual membership dues, have to apply for reduction
from their Member Page by the end of November. After they obtain the approval
by the Board of Directors, 3,000 yen will be reduced from their basic annual
membership dues from the next fiscal year. However, in the case that their
annual membership dues are unpaid as of applying, they will not be able
to apply for it.
- Please inform the fee structure of reduced annual membership dues.
(1)About the reduced annual membership dues for Overseas Membership Development Program（OMDP)
(2)About the Life membership system. Please confirm the condition and due date of the application in Regulations of IEICE.
(3)About the system of the deffered annual membership dues reduction. Please confirm the condition and due date of the application in Regulations of IEICE.
- When are annual membership dues, etc. charged? Until when should I pay?
- IEICE would like all members to pay their annual membership dues, etc.
before the fiscal year starts in April. Invoices for annual membership
dues for the next fiscal year (from April to March) are sent in the middle
of January by e-mails or postal mails. Early payment would be appreciated
after you received the invoice. Please note that the IEICE services (browsing
Transactions Online, submission of papers, use of the e-mail forwarding
service (@m.ieice.org), etc.) will be stopped from the middle of July,
when the Secretariat Office cannot confirm the payment before the 30th
- About payment method of annual membership dues, etc.
- You can pay your annual membership dues, etc. by the following methods.
・Credit Card (UC,Master Card,VISA,JCB,American Express)
・Union Pay card
- Can you issue receipts such as for annual membership dues, etc?
- The Secretariat Office sends a confirmation e-mail, after it confirms the payment of annual membership dues, etc. After you received the e-mail, you can issue your receipt from your Member Page.
When the same receipts are downloaded more than twice, "re-issued" will be printed.
- Since annual membership dues will be paid by the affiliation institute, the payment will be able to proceed only after April.
- IEICE would like all members to pay their annual membership dues before
the fiscal year starts in April. Please pay before the end of March as
long as circumstances allow. In the case that the reinbursement is difficult,
please ask your affiliation institute to pay immediately in April.
- I would like to withdraw in the middle of the fiscal year, Will my annual
membership dues be refunded?
- Since IEICE has an annual membership dues system, annual membership dues will not be refunded in the case of withdrawal even in the middle of the fiscal year.
- I paid twice for annual membership dues by mistake. Could you refund me?
- The surplus is in general forwarded to annual membership dues, etc. of
the next fiscal year. In the case that you would like to have a refund,
IEICE will receive 3,000 yen as refund-charge and refund the rest of the
- Can I pay my annual membership dues in installments?
- IEICE does not accept installment payment. Please pay in an one-time payment.
- Although I am a student, I received an invoice of annual membership dues
for a Member.
What should I do?
- Please apply for the student membership from your Member Page. A PDF file of a certificate to prove your identification as a student is needed. The Member type cannot be changed in the middle of the fiscal year. In the case that you are a student even after April, please be sure to apply for the student membership before 25th March.
4. About Member Page (Individual member, Subscription member)
- 【Individual member】 Even though I completed the membership application,
I have not received any acceptance e-mails of the application.
- The e-mail address you entered in the application for apply screen may have been wrong. Please access to the temporary member's Member Page and check the registered e-mail address.
If you do not make a note of your temporary membership number, please contact the Mebership Section.
- 【Individual member】 Regarding the admission to IEICE, can you issue an
invoice for annual membership dues of the first fiscal year?
- PDF files of the estimate, invoice and statement of delivery of the first
fiscal year can be downloaded from the temporary members' Membership Page.
- 【Individual member, Supporting member, Subscription member】 Regarding the
admission to IEICE, I paid for annual membership dues of the first fiscal
year. Can you issue a receipt?
- After the Secretariat Office confirms the payment, you will receive an e-mail of payment confirmation. Please access to your temporary members' Membership Page and download the PDF file of the receipt. Please note; the payment confirmation by a credit card can be done immediately. On the other hand it takes about 2 or 3 days for the payment at banks and it takes about 2 weeks for the payment at convenience stores. When you download the same receipt more than twice, "re-printed" will be printed on the receipts which are downloaded after second request.
- 【Individual member】 What can I do in my Member Page?
- You can confirm your registered information. You can also apply for the followings; the change of postal address/societies, the application for student menbership/withdrawal/Life membership/annual membership dues reduction, Journal and Newsletter Shipment (stop/restart), the change of payment method of annual membership dues, etc. You can confirm the Online payment of annual membership dues, etc., and can download invoice, receipt, certificate of registration, etc. and can confirm the history of committee positions and award-winning history.
- 【Individual member, Supporting member, Subscription member】 I forgot whether
I had paid annual membership dues of this fiscal year. Can I confirm the
- Please confirm your payment history in your Member Page. Please note that
the credit card payment and the online payment at convenience stores are
immediately reflected to your Member Page, however, it takes about 2 or
3 days for the payment at the bank and about 2 weeks for the payment at
convenience stores to be reflected to your Member Page.
- 【Individual member】 What is an Online payment information control list?
- In the case that you pay for the pay-per-view (PPV) by a credit card after you access the authentication screen, the information is summarized into the Online payment information control list and shown on it.
- 【Individual member】 If I donate from the Donation Page, can I have a tax deduction for the donation?
- Please note that IEICE is an ordinary incorporated corporation, hence,
in the case that you donate to IEICE individually, you cannot receive "donation
deduction" at the declaration of income tax.
- 【Individual member】 What is a "Committee folder" which has been
shown in my Member Page?
- It is shown while the member is at some positions of committees. Materials for the committees are stored.
- 【Subscription Member】 What can we do in our Member Page?
- You can confirm your registered information. You can also apply for the
followings; the update of postal address/person in charge, confirmation
of access numbers, change of Journal subscription/IEICE Transactions/other
Online subscriptions, etc. You can also download the invoice and receipt
for the basic annual membership dues.
- 【Subscription Member】 When can we know at which rank we will be in the next fiscal year?
- The rank of the next fiscal year will be uploaded in your Member Page after
the July 1st. However, please note that the actual rank in the next fiscal
year is decided on the performances in the previous year (January - December),
hence, there is a possibility that the rank will be changed at the claim
of the next fiscal year, scheduled in the middle of January.