5th International Workshop on Photonics applied to Electromagnetic Measurement (PEM2023)
Technical committee on Photonics-applied Electromagnetic Measurement
Beautiful campus of Hokkaido University
Dates: November 27(Mon.) - 28(Tue.), 2023
Venue:Frontier Research in Applied Sciences Building
Hokkaido University, Hokkaido, Japan
Hybrid of on site and web
Workshop chair: Ai-ichiro Sasaki (Kindai University, Japan)
Program (Upload October 13)
Call for papers
Manuscript template (for regular talks and poster presentations)
Manuscript template (for invited talks)
Paper submission(English) (Japanese)
; Dedline is August 6 (23:59 UTC+9).
Application form in progress for PEM 2023 Exhibition
- Basic theory/techniques related to PEM
- Systems for PEM
- Applications of PEM, such as antenna or EMC measurements, imaging, spectroscopy, remote sensing,...
- Competitive/complementary technologies to PEM (not limited to photonics-based technologies)
- Registration open: March 6
- Early registration deadline: October 27
- Paper submission:
Open: March 6
Deadline: August 6 (23:59 JST)
Acceptance Notification : August 30
Final program : October 15
Prof. Qiang Chen (Tohoku University, Japan)
Dr. Takahiro Kaji (NICT, Japan)
Prof. Ikufumi Katayama (Yokohama National University, Japan)
Dr. Sven Kuhn, Prof. Niels Kuster (ETH Zurich, IT'IS Foundation, Switzerland)
Prof. Hiroshi Murata (Mie University, Japan)
Prof. Motoyuki Sato (Tohoku University, Japan)
- How to Registartion
- Please access Registration form page.
- Up to Oct. 27, the fees for regular and student participants are 8,000JPY and 4,000JPY, respectively.
After Oct. 27, the fees for regular and student participants are 10,000JPY and 5,000JPY, respectively.
| ||Regular ||Student|
|Up to October 27 ||JPY \ 8,000 ||JPY \ 4,000|
|After October 27 ||JPY \ 10,000 ||JPY \ 5,000|
- Banquet will be held in Sapporo on Nov. 27 (Venue will be announced later).
Participants are required to pay additional fees shown below.
|JPY \ 3,000 ||JPY \ 1,500|
- Oral presentation (including discussion)
Keynote Address: 45 min.
Invited Talk: 35 min.
Regular Talk: 20 min.
- Student Best Presentation Award
The student best presentation award is given to a student for outstanding contributed papers presented in the PEM workshop 2023.
- PEM Best Paper Award
The PEM best paper award is given to a researcher for outstanding contributed papers presented in the PEM workshop 2023.
The awardees are given a diploma and an extra prize.
Please send an email to PEM2023 secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).