First PEM International Workshop in Kyoto
- Workshop Organizer:
- Dr. Satoru Kurokawa (AIST, Japan)
- Dr. Teruo Onishi (NTT docomo, Japan)
- Technical Co-Sponsors:
- Japanese Society for Electromagnetics in Biology and Medicine
- Research Institute for Physical Measurement, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
- The Laser Society of Japan, Kansai Section
Call for Papers
November 27–28, 2015
Rinkokan in Shimmachi Campus, Doshisha University
159-1 Konoeden Omote-cho, Imadegawa-agaru, Shinmachi-dori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, 602-0047, Japan
- First Paper Submission Due:
- Monday, September 14, 2015
Thursday, August 20, 2015 (1–4 page PDF format)
- Notification of Paper Acceptances:
- Monday, October 26, 2015
Saturday, October 10, 2015
- Final Paper Submission Due:
- Saturday, November 7, 2015
Monday, October 30, 2015 (1–4 page PDF format)
Presentation Submission System
IEICE Technical Committee Submission System
Microsoft Word Template
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by the technical program committees of PEM 2015.
Review results will be announced by Monday, October 26, 2015
October 10, 2015.
Major Topic Areas
- Basic theory/techniques of photonics-applied electromagnetic measurement (PEM)
Microwave photonics, Fiber optics, Microwave engineering, Sensing technology, Antenna measurements, Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) measurements, Electrical and electronic circuit measurements, Imaging and Radar
- PEM systems
Electromagnetic-field measurement systems, Optical measurement systems, EMC measurement systems, Optical sources, Probes and sensors, Remote sensing systems, Optical fiber systems
- Closely-related technologies of PEM
Optical signal transmission techniques, Signal restoring and reconstructing techniques, Image processing techniques
- New device/technology for PEM
Advanced electro-optic sensor, Antenna-coupled photonic device, High-speed photonic device, New antennas/probes for electromagnetic measurement
- New applications of PEM
Guidelines for Poster Sessions
- The size of the poster board is 1640 mm height × 830 mm width.
- A portrait (vertical) A0 (1189 mm height × 841 mm width) poster is recommended.
- During Session FB (Student Poster Preview), each author is required to present his/her poster in five minutes. Please prepare a couple of slides.
Student Best Presentation and PEM Visualization Awards
- The student best presentation award is awarded to a student for outstanding contributed papers, presented either as a poster or an oral talk in the PEM workshop 2015.
- The PEM visualization award is awarded to a researcher for a beautiful electromagnetic field image, presented as a poster in the PEM workshop 2015.
All presentations are reviewed by several reviewers during the workshop, and organizing committee finally nominates a paper for each award.
The awardees are given a certificate and a prize.
The regulations for the awards
|Up to October 30
|After October 31
Registration fees includes conference materials.
Only payment in cash (Japanese Yen) is available at on-site registration desk.
Please send an e-mail with following registration form to the PEM workshop secretariat.
Please fill out the form to register to our event.
Title (Prof., Dr., Other):
Registration category: Regular or student
Optional reception participation (3,000 JPY): Yes or No
The technical committee on photonics-applied electromagnetic measurement was organized in the IEICE communication society in 2012. The committee comprises the experts from various research fields such as antenna, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and optical sensor. Through discussions between the researchers, we consider a new technique using photonic technologies for precisely measuring electromagnetic fields.
Please come and join us in Kyoto, Japan, for a technical event not to be missed.
- Hiroshi Murata (Osaka University)
- Tel: +81-6-6850-6306, E-mail: murata (at) ee.es.osaka-u.ac.jp
- Maya Mizuno (NICT)
- Tel: +81-42-327-6437, E-mail: mmizuno (at) nict.go.jp